Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

DOHC EJ25 and SOHC EJ25 crank sprockets the same?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,745 posts
  • WV

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:52 AM

Are DOHC EJ25 and Phase II SOHC EJ25 crank sprockets the same?

I counted the reluctors (tabs) and it seems like they're the same.

I had two engines apart and could have accidentally mixed up which one is which.

#2 MilesFox

MilesFox

Catch this Fox!

• Members
  • 10,426 posts
  • Madison/Milwaukee, WI

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

I would think that if your engine has the plastic pulleys, that the metal ones will be backward compatible. But this i assume since subarus seem to be cooperative in that manner.

I am going to be asking a lot of questions about an ej222 in this regard, with what can be retrofitted from an ej22e

#3 grossgary

grossgary

• Members
  • 19,745 posts
  • WV

Posted 25 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

I am going to be asking a lot of questions about an ej222 in this regard, with what can be retrofitted from an ej22e

if you specify year, type (phase I or phase II) i can help.

basically you can use any NA EJ block in any EJ vehicle. from there you decide what to bolt on to it based on what you're trying to do.

#4 94Loyale

94Loyale

I Love EJ22's

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Orwigsburg,Pennsylvania

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

Gary, if the pickup teeth are the same count, and are in the same positions you are fine. They are the same unit.

#5 grossgary

grossgary

• Members
  • 19,745 posts
  • WV

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:39 AM

Gary, if the pickup teeth are the same count, and are in the same positions you are fine. They are the same unit.

great thanks, they were identical as far as number and counting teeth between them.

#6 Fuzpile

Fuzpile

Banned

• Banned
  • 318 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:16 PM

You did your searches and I'm still going to be an ......le I couldn't conceive that different materials present and wear differently at rpms at different temperatures. Not to be concerned with over many miles yet there are differences which the belt has to adjust to. Over and over so ideally they would all be same composition and similar wear. no friends, whatever.:banana:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users