Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Brainstorming some Justy Powertrain replacements

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hatch4x4

hatch4x4

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • Woodinville, WA

Posted 09 March 2004 - 05:38 AM

Following a discussion at last month's rallyx, I have been looking into full on powertrain replacements for the justy... We're talking engine, tranny, and rear diff. I haven't done much fab work so I don't really think I am up to change from a transverse to longitudinal mount and have an EJ series engine (like rallyjusty)

It might be simpler to find another transverse mount AWD setup from *gasp!* another manufacturer. So far, I know of the:

Toyota Celica Alltrac
Mitsubishi Galant VR4
Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Nissan GTI-R

I think most of these were made in the early 90's so front clips might be pretty cheap. I was leaning towards the Mitsu's due to how many I saw at the last rallyx.

Anyway, I just thought I'd bounce this off some of the more knowledgable people out there, kind of see what you guys think...

Of course for now I might just try to get some more HP out of my engine, and look into that viscous coupler.

#2 archemitis

archemitis

guy smiley

• Members
  • 3,554 posts
  • the big minnie

Posted 09 March 2004 - 08:47 AM

if anything like this was ever done, and not just talked about, that would rule! dsm, themitsubishi would be the best for that, because of all the aftermarket, and the fact that you can run 20 lbs without any other real mods. it has a viscous coupling, but you might have to put the engine in the back, so it will fit.
any of those sidewinders, would need to be put in as one piece, because they would never seperate tranny to engine, while in the engine bay.

or you could just stick a 2.2 in there, thats a new one. =]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users