Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Gettin the new wagon runnin

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Scooby

The Scooby

EJ Swap Junkie

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • South Seattle

Posted 15 March 2004 - 01:32 AM

ok so i got the new wagon home a few days ago, and ive got one MAJOR problem, the passenger door's window is partially rolled down, it has power windows, no battery, and some of the wiring is not connected, like the stuff tot he coil and a few others.

now what must i hook up so i can atleast roll up the window?

i will go get some pictures to give examples of my problems.

Thanks,
Shean

ok got pictures uploaded. thanks for any help.

Posted Image
^ what is positive or negitave, A or B?

Posted Image
^ where do these connect ro, all, A, B, and C,

Posted Image
^ and this last one.

Again, thanks for any help.

#2 Adam N.D.J.

Adam N.D.J.

Quite Rusty, but working.

• Members
  • 3,277 posts
  • Medford, Oregon

Posted 15 March 2004 - 02:54 AM

Look at your two main power wires, follow them back, the one that bolts to the back of the starter is the pos, the one that bolts to the mounting ear of the starter at the bellhousing is Neg. And unless things have been messed with, A should be the Neg.

Connector B goes to the alternator, the round piece goes to the main power post, and the plug into the back. Connector C is for the A/c compressor. Off hand I can't think of whot A is for, may not even be used on your vehicle.
You should make sure the Alternator is hooked up before the battery, and definatly before you turn on the power in the car, as that main wire going to it will arc, and fry your battery.
Lotsa luck.

#3 The Scooby

The Scooby

EJ Swap Junkie

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • South Seattle

Posted 15 March 2004 - 03:03 AM

thanks man, that does help ALOT, now i just have to wait for a decent day, weather wise, and get out there and get her running. i cant wait. :drunk: :burnout:

Shean

#4 The Scooby

The Scooby

EJ Swap Junkie

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  • South Seattle

Posted 15 March 2004 - 11:17 AM

bump

#5 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,931 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 15 March 2004 - 12:03 PM

You can hotwire the window motor with a car battery. Either trace the wire thru the hinge rubber thing in the door and go into the car deeper until you find a 2 prong plug, or take the door panels off and unplug the motor at the plug next to the motor and alligator clip it and power it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users