Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gettin the new wagon runnin

ok so i got the new wagon home a few days ago, and ive got one MAJOR problem, the passenger door's window is partially rolled down, it has power windows, no battery, and some of the wiring is not connected, like the stuff tot he coil and a few others.

now what must i hook up so i can atleast roll up the window?

i will go get some pictures to give examples of my problems.

Thanks,

Shean

ok got pictures uploaded. thanks for any help.

119_1975_IMG.jpg

^ what is positive or negitave, A or B?

119_1976_IMG.jpg

^ where do these connect ro, all, A, B, and C,

119_1978_IMG.jpg

^ and this last one.

Again, thanks for any help.

Look at your two main power wires, follow them back, the one that bolts to the back of the starter is the pos, the one that bolts to the mounting ear of the starter at the bellhousing is Neg. And unless things have been messed with, A should be the Neg.

Connector B goes to the alternator, the round piece goes to the main power post, and the plug into the back. Connector C is for the A/c compressor. Off hand I can't think of whot A is for, may not even be used on your vehicle.

You should make sure the Alternator is hooked up before the battery, and definatly before you turn on the power in the car, as that main wire going to it will arc, and fry your battery.

Lotsa luck.

You can hotwire the window motor with a car battery. Either trace the wire thru the hinge rubber thing in the door and go into the car deeper until you find a 2 prong plug, or take the door panels off and unplug the motor at the plug next to the motor and alligator clip it and power it up.