Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Transmission anchor replacement..

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 07:47 AM

how difficult is it ?

how much do you have to lift trans up to swap it out ? while changing my cat out,i happen to see transmission moving where the anchor is while fighting with exhaust..plus shifter will move if i left off the gas (not sloppy shifter syndrome though..)

Thanks in advance.

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,281 posts
  • Portland

Posted 22 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

Very easy. Get the car high enough to work on, support the transmission with a bottle jack and then drop the cross-member and mount out. Replace the mount and reassemble. Do shifter bushings while you are in there for a nice tight shifter feel.

GD

#3 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:26 PM

ok cool.(fingers crossed about cross member bolts not breaking,had that happen with my Heep)

btw,i checked price of trans mount at advance,they only showed em for autos (awd) but one for manual (but 2wd models)..are the awd auto mounts the same as awd manuals ?

and on a sad side note..when the guy brought up engine and trans mount diagram pic,had to explain to the guy that the pic was useless due to engine/trans configuration was all wrong..it was for your tipical fwd vehicle.(side mounted 4 cyl engine with trans on the side)

at least they could do,if they're gonna have diagram is to have it correctly done...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users