Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Attn: EA82T Nerds - Project RX runs!

That car looks great with the 6-spoke RS rims on there. I'm very happy to know that the 16x7 2.5RS rims will fit since I have a spare set of RS rims on hand and am gearing up for the 5-lug swap on my RX. Are those the stock (for a 2.5RS anyway) 205/55-16 sized tires or something lower profile? Any wheel/tire rubbing with that setup? If no rubbing, how much extra space is there in there?

Those are still the factory stock RE92's on those 6 spokes. Under normal driving there is no rubbing, no bumping. On a couple spirited drives i've felt a slight bump...usually going through a dip too fast and turning. However, this is very rare to happen. I have yet to figure out what tire it is, and where it does this. I'm pretty sure its in the back... but just not enough evidence to show where its doing it.

If you were running stiffer springs, there would be absolutely no bumping/rubbing. I plan to go to a 45 series sidewalled tire, with some ground control adjustable coilover spring things to get the car a little lower, and a bit stiffer.

For a short time, i ran 215/40/18's on some 18" enkei's. Too much rub. Filled the wheel well nicely. But the car sat too high, and it rubbed on just about everything but driving straight. Again, most of the rub was in back... a little bit in front.

That's very good news, thanks!

That also aleves my worries about running 195/65-15s on the RX as I have a set of Kumho R700 rally tires in that size (on 15x7 Raceline RL-7 rally wheels) that I was hoping I could throw on the RX for rallycross events! :D