Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Denem

Denem

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • La Grange, IL USA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:20 AM

Bought a Brat in '78 hated giving it up. bought apretty nice '86 recently but would like to add some memorabilia. Anyone know where I should start my search for items? Primarily I want a roll bar and would love to get hold of the heavy bumper I had it was a Subaru part. I havent been having much luck with part locator sites. Hoping this could be the true way!

#2 a2labs

a2labs

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Everywhere, US

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:39 AM

Welcome to the site! Can a newbie welcome another newbie? :-p

Not sure what your old bumper looked like, but I'm definitely curious. If you can't find any aftermarket parts, it might be easiest to have something custom fabricated. Should be relatively easy and cheap if you can source some scrap material, and find someone who's handy with a torch and welder. And if you're not too picky about the way it looks. I'd be happy with a nice thick pipe. I've wanted something like that to replace my bumpers for a while now.

#3 iceageg

iceageg

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Denver, CO

Posted 20 June 2012 - 08:11 AM

From newbie to newbie, grats on the subie. Welcome!

#4 Olnick

Olnick

Ol' Subaru Guy

• Members
  • 2,572 posts
  • Honolulu HI

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

I'm so proud of you young-uns!!! ;)

Welcome to USMB all--you're gonna fit right in.

#5 turbosubarubrat

turbosubarubrat

2nd gen hoarder

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

nice i want to see some pictures, i got a 1985:headbang: but its titled as a 1986 so basically same thing as what u got and i have a roll bar on it:cool: and planning on brush guard have three ive bought for it just have to fab one to fit good:D and i put on a kick rump roast rear bumper that has a hitch and 4 ding rings:headbang: and also u can put in a roll bar out of the 1st gen in yours like i did but u need to cut and weld a little for it to fit right:grin:
Posted Image

Edited by turbosubarubrat, 20 June 2012 - 11:58 AM.

#6 a2labs

a2labs

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Everywhere, US

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

I want a brat now! I can just barely see the holes in the body behind the bumper, but they look different from my wagon, so maybe my idea won't work after all. Crikey!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users