Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bought a Brat in '78 hated giving it up. bought apretty nice '86 recently but would like to add some memorabilia. Anyone know where I should start my search for items? Primarily I want a roll bar and would love to get hold of the heavy bumper I had it was a Subaru part. I havent been having much luck with part locator sites. Hoping this could be the true way!

Welcome to the site! Can a newbie welcome another newbie? :-p

Not sure what your old bumper looked like, but I'm definitely curious. If you can't find any aftermarket parts, it might be easiest to have something custom fabricated. Should be relatively easy and cheap if you can source some scrap material, and find someone who's handy with a torch and welder. And if you're not too picky about the way it looks. I'd be happy with a nice thick pipe. I've wanted something like that to replace my bumpers for a while now.

nice i want to see some pictures, i got a 1985:headbang: but its titled as a 1986 so basically same thing as what u got and i have a roll bar on it:cool: and planning on brush guard have three ive bought for it just have to fab one to fit good:D and i put on a kick rump roast rear bumper that has a hitch and 4 ding rings:headbang: and also u can put in a roll bar out of the 1st gen in yours like i did but u need to cut and weld a little for it to fit right:grin:

574671_119144771554003_937926801_n.jpg

Edited by turbosubarubrat