Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

heater core hoses

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Shoreline, WA

Posted 02 April 2004 - 04:33 AM

So I hear that aside from cv axels going out, heater core hoses commonly go too? The upper hose on my brat started a slow leak on me right at the base where its attached to the metal pipe on the back of the intake manofold. I'm gonna chop off the dead part and stick the hose back on so the part that leaks is illimanated for now sense the hose has some slack. Hopefully it'll hold for now until I can afford some new hoses.

#2 thealleyboy

thealleyboy

Subaru Derelict

• Members
  • 2,079 posts
  • Bexley, OH

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:06 AM

CD:

I don't know that the heater hoses are any more prone to failure than any of the other cooling hoses. I would look at replacing ALL of them if it's been awhile.

The heater hoses are actually the least expensive ones to replace. Probably less than $5 for both, including new clamps. You can use universal hose, though molded ones fit a little better.

good luck, John

#3 Adam N.D.J.

Adam N.D.J.

Quite Rusty, but working.

• Members
  • 3,268 posts
  • Medford, Oregon

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:12 AM

Yeah, I would get the hoses replaced pretty soon. I had one start leaking on me, so I cut it, and put it back in, the next day it blew open, literally, looked like somone had sliced it from one end to the other. I guess the little leak I had was keeping the pressure down enough to keep it from blowing.
Also, replace the bypass hose (littleone coming out the top of the water pump), that one blows alot, and has been the death of a number of soob engines.

#4 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Shoreline, WA

Posted 02 April 2004 - 03:21 PM

yeah I'm going to replace them all with universal by the foot hose here after I get my paycheck today. the bypass hoses however look pretty good, and relativily new. So I'll worrie about them when they die. But I'm gonna take a look at the hose damage, the hose looks really old anyway, but I'm gonna see if I can be temporarly cheap and let the hose blow big time in a day lol:brow: I need somethin to get me to work tonight so I need a temp fix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users