Ultimate Subaru Message Board

a good deal between ourselves (TRASHWAGON SIX's resurrection)

I got an 86 sedan for doing a timing belt job, carb 130k. Myoss Feece and i have made the deal:

I will trade the sedan, complete with motor and axles, to myoss feece title for title for the 2wd to 4wd conversion sedan, less its motor, and the RX motor.

so now i have a TURBO motor for trashwagon 6, trashwagon 5 runs and drives, and myoss feece has a car to drive. since the sedan will have no motor(its going in a loyale) i will put in one of my long blocks, and use the car as a test bed for a standalone spfi unit that willo make its way into an ea81 gl-10 nsedan if i were to get it

the rx crapped out due to an electrical problem, as it popped the fusible link. the motor works in my car, so the problem is in the RX harness.

sp far we are on a roll, all of our soobs now will run. we have another soob, are getting another soob from WV, and hopefully the 2 in iowa.

soon i can start up the TRASHWAGON MUSEUM

Man, my head is spinning faster than the socket on the und of your impact wrench trying to keep up with the mechanical manipulations involved in all of the deal you're talking about. That just attests to the mechanical ability you have, Miles, being able to keep track of all of that. Good luck with the Frankenstin creations you do so well.

trashwagon SIX is back in full action. we are now poweredf by the recently acquired RX motor, carb bottom end and ported turbo heads. i used the cherrybomb exhaust from trashwagon 5 and put it on the down pipe.

i had to connect the fuel pump tp a toggle, as the fuep pump circuit quit working after the first couple of times starting the car. the relays come on and all, so the problem is the wire between the relay and the pump. i am using an spfi fuel pump, it works good for driving, but sometimes it cant keep ip with HARD acceleration. i am running a single row radiatopr, i have a 2-row but it has no drain plug. the car has a tendenct yo get warm if it idles too long, or you try to do some donuts, but i never installed the clutch fan. it does fine for general driving this way. but i will put in the clutch fan as a failsafe.

the only power and exhaust issues now are the exhaust gaskets at the heads, as they keep blowing out. this time i will double stack with new gaskets, and silicone. i will replace whatever studs if i can.

i have 2 speaker boxes and 2 amps in back, a pair of 12's qith a 250 watt amp, and a pair of 15's(only one works) with a 4channel bridged 250 watt amp with built in crossover. i have a pre crossover and bass boost unit in line before both amps, the 12's are pushing the lowest vibes and the 15 hits all the percussion. i want it the other way around. all this is connected to the rear right speaker plug, and the high input for the xover inline unit.

for a stereo i am using the stock cassette, and a tap3e adapter and a portable cd player. sounds pretty good. its not about the quality of the equipment but rather how its all set up. i got my neon light that bumps to the music. i mounted some blue lights for ambiant glow, one under the steering column and one IN the dash vent. i will put more under each door handle, and some ling ones under the kick panels in front, and under the front of the rear seats. this car is mostly complete, and more lights and a trailer hitch later, i will be re-working trashwagon 5.

the 5spd transd works freat, the gears are spaced apart, but the 5th gear is fairly low with te 3.9 final gear. but the gearing will be right when i put on the xt6 wheels, right now i am using legacy 14's till i get the 4th xt tire mounted

the 4wd conversion sedan will lend its axle one each to the 86 sedan(the subaru alliance vehicle) and the trashwagon 5.

the rx now sits with no motor. i will use the RX body to mock up an ea82 standalone spfi, meaning that i have an spfi long block with carb heads, and an spfi intake, ecu, and coil, maf that will be designed to come out with the motor, for spfi conversion purposes. this setup will use the RX's fuel pump and fuel lines, and the pump will be on a toggle swith to override the disty output for the ecu