Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RetroRoo and shawnw

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lastchance

lastchance

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • City

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

i just wanted to give a shout out to shawnw and family at RetroRoo. i'm sure this isn't the correct place (and shawn will move this for me if it's not!) but i want the members around here to know how great these guys are.

long story short the 3AT in my turbo wagon is finally dying after 170k and we hammered out a plan to do a future 5spd swap when funds allow.

shawn is super knowledgeable, super honest, and a straight shooter - all things hard to find in a mechanic, let alone a subaru specific one. i'm lucky to have such an amazing shop here in town.

if you're in the denver, colorado area there should be no doubt in your mind that shawn is the guy to take your car to.

thanks again dude, you guys are awesome.

#2 torxxx

torxxx

I void warranties

• Members
  • 2,914 posts
  • Fairbanks

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

I've never had ShawnW work on any of my cars cuz its a 4000 mile drive to bring them to him. If I was closer, I'd give him my SVX and say make it better! I have dealt with him on this forum for a long time now, 9 years iirc. He's always been a standup guy, always was prompt and professional.

#3 lastchance

lastchance

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • City

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

definitely. i was on the old ezboard (ca. 1999-ish until the switch over) and have always respected the guy.

#4 NV Zeno

NV Zeno

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 3,036 posts
  • Ponderosa Ranch, Nevada

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

+1.

#5 ShawnW

ShawnW

Subaru Master Technician

• Administrator
  • 12,917 posts
  • Denver, Colorado

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Thank you very much. Really appreciate it. +

Can't wait until the website is finally up and running we are trying to bring RetroRoo to the masses with cheap parts here soon too.

#6 ericstell

ericstell

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • denver colorado

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

i can say the same about shawn and joy . great people

#7 natext6

natext6

Relax, smoke a dübaru.

• Silver Subscribers
  • 168 posts
  • calgary

Posted 02 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

I can also attest to this! B)

I've done some business with Retroroo, and have had nothing but good experiences.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users