Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Ea81 accelerator cable / Cruise control diagram??

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Señor Brat

Señor Brat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • The Great NW

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hey all,

As I went to change the throttle cable on my 85 brat I realized there was a part I forgot to reconnect. It's a brass looking bracket w/ what looks like a key chain type chain attached running up under the dash. It's my guess that this is for the cruise control setup.

I tried figuring out how it connects to the pedal bracket but I'm having trouble getting it to function properly. I can't get it to "pull" on the chain no matter the configuration.... Anyone with pics of their pedal or A diagram?? Definitely feel like an idiot on this one as I'm sure it's super obvious.. :banghead:

Thanks

SB

#2 Señor Brat

Señor Brat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • The Great NW

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:14 PM

Anyone?

#3 old sub freak

old sub freak

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • mt vernon,washington

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:04 PM

Hey SB ,Well most cruise control set ups use vacuume to move that little chain.I'm guessing pieces are missing??? Is there any cruise control buttons or switches in the cab? I've seen them on the trurn signal rod..Might be someone took your carb off a different rig mabey??Hope you get it going.I am going to install a CC set up from Austraila.Got it on line for 300 smackers...Have yet to install it but will soon..Makes long drives so much better.. Good luck and let me know what you found out.OSF:banana:.

#4 Idasho

Idasho

Lost in the woods....

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • North ID

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

depends on what cruise setup you have too.

There are a couple different types.

#5 Señor Brat

Señor Brat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • The Great NW

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

Hey SB ,Well most cruise control set ups use vacuume to move that little chain.I'm guessing pieces are missing??? Is there any cruise control buttons or switches in the cab? I've seen them on the trurn signal rod..Might be someone took your carb off a different rig mabey??Hope you get it going.I am going to install a CC set up from Austraila.Got it on line for 300 smackers...Have yet to install it but will soon..Makes long drives so much better.. Good luck and let me know what you found out.OSF:banana:.

Ok, so ill tackle them 1by1

-Yes, I believe you're correct about vacuum controlling the CC (cruise control), however I had moved the pedal quite a few times before the swap to gain familiarity, and I had experienced some resistance from the chain/bracket setup while actuating the pedal. That's actually what brought it to my attention.. Then I noticed said bracket dangling behind the center dash console piece.. :banghead:

-My car was 100% original, I did the weber swap, so that's not the issue. The issue is me not bring able to correctly connect that damn bracket :banghead:

Basically, I never use CC, but I at least want to know that I hooked it up correctly at the pedal end before I muck around with it.

And I knew the one time I don't photograph the area I take apart, it would bite me in the rump roast.. Classic :dead:

#6 Señor Brat

Señor Brat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • The Great NW

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

depends on what cruise setup you have too.

There are a couple different types.

I wasn't aware there were different types of CC .. I have an 85 ea81 brat man trans..typical button below the steering wheel, vac operated thing.. I just need to know how the little key chain bracket sets up w/the pedal assembly

#7 Señor Brat

Señor Brat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • The Great NW

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:01 AM

But thanks for the ideas y'all! :banana:

#8 Señor Brat

Señor Brat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • The Great NW

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Anyone willing to go snap a photo of their pedal assembly under the dash? I will be eternally grateful :D

#9 Gloyale

Gloyale

It's a sickness

• Members
  • 9,008 posts
  • Corvallis, OR PNW

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

I've got some diagrahms in a service update for 1982 when that Cruise type was introduced.

I also have a sedan outside with cruise.

Can't do it today.....But I will try to get some pics and scans up for you.

#10 Señor Brat

Señor Brat

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • The Great NW

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Bump...... Still cant figure it out

#11 Señor Brat

Señor Brat

USMB Regular