Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

whaaa-whoooo!!, I got me an Outback!!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Stubies Subie

Stubies Subie

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Carver, Oregon

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

In a years time, I've gone from no car at all, to getting a 91' Loyale, had that fixed up into a daily driver, then I got lucky and got nice 92' Legacy, and had that worked on and turned it into a daily driver, but my Girlfriend staked a claim on it, so I kinda lost dibs on the Legacy, and now I'm getting a 02' Outback that's pretty much next to perfect!! and completely rebuilt thanks to General Disorder :D my girlfriend I'm sure is gonna stake a claim on the Outback, but maybe I'll get the Legacy back .... stay tuned for more ...

#2 GeneralDisorder

GeneralDisorder

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 20,280 posts
  • Portland

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

It's not an Outback actually. It's a Legacy L 5MT wagon. It's got a '99 Forester engine from some kind of front end collision repair that predates my involvement - and an '03 Legacy L tranny due to massive center diff carrier bearing failure. Had to get another tranny and it to needed the center diff bearings replaced. Common fail item.

GD

#3 Stubies Subie

Stubies Subie

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Carver, Oregon

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

It's not an Outback actually. It's a Legacy L 5MT wagon. It's got a '99 Forester engine from some kind of front end collision repair that predates my involvement - and an '03 Legacy L tranny due to massive center diff carrier bearing failure. Had to get another tranny and it to needed the center diff bearings replaced. Common fail item.

GD

I was close, and you fixed it, so it be a good car :D

#4 Stubies Subie

Stubies Subie

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Carver, Oregon

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

I got me a picture of it today, it's gonna need tires :D

Attached Files

#5 AdventureSubaru

AdventureSubaru

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Scotts Valley, CA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

Are those tractor weights on the front wheels?

#6 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 8,774 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:19 PM

Are those tractor weights on the front wheels?

Kinda looks like it. Could just be cheap hub covers though.

Car looks nice. Needs some alloys.

#7 Stubies Subie

Stubies Subie

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Carver, Oregon

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

tractor weights? lol, a subaru don't need them, what you see are the mounting hubs for a set of Spider Spikes, (lazy mans chains)

here's a link: http://www.spikes-sp...CFW6CQgodlRYAXQ

the car had some major problems before GD got ahold of it, but he fixed it all, and now it runs and drives great, I'm getting it from one of my co-workers, the same people I bought the other Legacy from

Edited by Stubies Subie, 18 January 2013 - 09:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users