Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Will this fit an EA82/Loyale?

I know for a fact that the Yakima 1A bars will fit on an EA81. Probably would fit an EA82 as well. But those are round bars, not square (if you have a preference).

I wish I knew the model of the bars I had. But I'm sure if you go through Thule's older stuff, you'll find it.

I see. So you're looking for the feet that would fit those bars and on the EA82 body? The bars can be easily bought on other sites, but I'm not sure about the feet. I do believe the feet in the original link you posted will work though. You can get them and see if they work. If not, ship 'em back. Quite expensive for just the feet though.

I'm assuming that you've been checking the junkyard(s) for a roof rack, correct?

I see. So you're looking for the feet that would fit those bars and on the EA82 body? The bars can be easily bought on other sites, but I'm not sure about the feet. I do believe the feet in the original link you posted will work though. You can get them and see if they work. If not, ship 'em back. Quite expensive for just the feet though.

I'm assuming that you've been checking the junkyard(s) for a roof rack, correct?

Ha. Junk yards aren't common out here, and any older Subaru is not existent out here anyway. 

Oh hey, talk to "nick1208." He posted a thread in the "Meet n' Greet" section, and it looks like he has a Thule rack. Maybe PM him and see what feet he's using?

72ziMtF.jpg

Ok, I will send him a message.

I have the Yakima 1A towers on my wagon. If you have the plastic gutter trim you have to place tge tower over the b pillar and rear side windows so the windows don't hit when you close the door.

Cool. Thanks for the info!

I've always thought Thule were way too expensive for what you get. I've had these two Paddy Hopkirk roof racks for years and years. They are only rated at about 40kg load each but I've had about 1/4 tonne on them (shared over both racks) and they are still OK though a tad bent.

Here on my old green car:

inHughsWood_zps4d288573.jpg

And here on my current red car:

e7ef1284.jpg

0d9ebd02.jpg

They were about £30 each.

So I sent nick1208 a message and he was kind enough to send me pics, but unfortunately, none of the ones I have found for sale, look like the ones he has! So I still don't know for sure what will fit. If anyone else knows for sure, or has pics of your setup, please let me know! Thank you

Hey, I just saw this the amazon ones will work Good I have those on my EA81-82s!!The Thules Are the best in My Opinion If you seen all the stuff I"ve hauled on them <_< I"m surprised I haven"t been pulled over :ph34r: Nate

I know for a fact that the Yakima 1A bars will fit on an EA81. Probably would fit an EA82 as well. But those are round bars, not square (if you have a preference).

I wish I knew the model of the bars I had. But I'm sure if you go through Thule's older stuff, you'll find it.

1a's for sure fit a loyale got em on my rig

Edit: I feel dumb its already been said.

Edited by mudER wagon

So the Sportrack ones I got from ebay aren't the ones that are in the picture in their auction. They fit, but not that good. They don't seem super sturdy to me. Hopefully they end up working. I have read that some people remove the molding that clips onto the rain gutters, but I did try that too, and I'm nervous about how it will look. Anyone have any tips or input?

So the Sportrack ones I got from ebay aren't the ones that are in the picture in their auction. They fit, but not that good. They don't seem super sturdy to me. Hopefully they end up working. I have read that some people remove the molding that clips onto the rain gutters, but I did try that too, and I'm nervous about how it will look. Anyone have any tips or input?

Hey,You should have said something earlier....Pm

• 1 month later...

The Thule towers shown in the Amazon ad in the first post will fit.  They look like the ones I have.  They are not the best, as they clamp the bars when clamped to the roof, and will slide around when trying to put them on or take them off. PITA!

LB50 bars may be recommended, but the wider the better.  Just watch your head when you get out of the car.

The best racks I have used were Terzo.  They are available only in Japan now.  They had solid cast aluminum towers, allen key screws to locate them on the bars, stainless steel bolts, solid clamps to hold them to the gutter, and Thule-style square bars.  Too much salt water from wet sailboats and canoes finally killed them.  They lasted through 3- 4 cars.  If you find a set in the junk yard, you have found gold.

485455_930591156139_1568401426_n.jpg

Here are some pics of my new Quick N Easy rack.  ~$70 for the uprights, ~$3 for the hardware and I had the lumber sitting around the house.  Much cheeper that Yakima or Tule and feels pretty sturdy!  Quick-N-Easy FTW!!

944827_930591111229_1070839615_n.jpg

My car before rack

393149_930590627199_1342387334_n.jpg

And with the upgrade :)