Ultimate Subaru Message Board

*...Shaking on Acceleration?...*

Ok, I have an 84 brat gl, and when I accelerate the right side shakes? It only happens when I am on the gas kinda hard like in first and second. I have new front cv shafts from auto zone. I actually thought that it might be the inner shafts so I swapped them with another set....no change, ball joints and tie rods are good, have had the wheels balanced and rotated and still no change, I'm out of ideas....any help is appreciated. Thanks

Ken

I experience a similar thing in my GL wagon, it's a 4 spd dr. The splined output stubs for the front drive shafts on my transaxle have play (loose). I've been told it's the bearings supporting those that are most likely the culprit for the vibration when you're on the gas.

Check you engine and tranny mounts.

Also check to make sure there is no play in the front differential.

Sure sounds like a bad inner DOJ on one of your axles.... but since you changed the axles, I think you are right to suspect something else. However - I often find that after doing a bunch of work looking for problems, it turns out to be an axle afterall.... remaned axles suck (for subaru's anyway), and some have been known to be bad right out of the box. I'm going with the GCK NEW axles from autozone - usually you have to special order them, but the one I just got looks very nice, and at least I know it's got all new parts in it.

GD