Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'95 Impreza - EJ22 Automatic.

I've only, at least, noticed it when the A/C is running that the engine will sit there and kinda sputter 2 sometimes 4 or even 5 times while i'm stopped. Its not the usual *kick* up rev to compensate for the A/C nor the *kick* down - I know what that feels like and why. When it does it it'll jossle the car a bit. 

I got a bit of video of it doing it and you can see the camera shake a bit when it does it at :07, :21 and :40 seconds. I'll try and get more video of it doing it today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr2qBDoCLXE

it does it like 3 or 4 times right before the engine kicks down from the A/C. 

-Justin

Edited by crazyman03

well, plugs were done idk.. a few months ago? i was thinking maybe wires too but it doesnt do this when the A/C is not on though..

-Justin

It might be just a slight miss and the added load from the AC makes it more noticeable.

If your plugs wires are bad and shorting out take a water squirt bottle and while it's running spray a little water on them and if it starts to cut out a little you know your wire is broken and just not shorting out all of the way  

If your plugs wires are bad and shorting out take a water squirt bottle and while it's running spray a little water on them and if it starts to cut out a little you know your wire is broken and just not shorting out all of the way  

I'll try that tomorrow. 

I also noticed in the wintertime I unplug the A/C clutch wire and even with the engine kicking up it'll do it. Even without an actual "load". I unplug the A/C clutch so that way it doesn't run while i'm just running the heat in Defrost/Floor mode. 

-Justin