Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How much should I spend on a 360 Deluxe Van

Found an old guy with an original '69 deluxe van. It has never been apart, faded paint but runs and has everything still completely intact including seats, carpets etc in good/faded condition.

It is a survivor and I has good patina (very little rust and dents) but needs to be completely gone through mechanically to be a driver.

He thinking of selling it because it has been sitting for the most part since the 70s... Bottom line, what is a good price for me and fare for him.

Thanks for input.

Pics would helpSitting it will need work as rubber, especially from that era, does not like to sit. Being in Alaska there wont be much or a market for it there. I am tempted to say 600, as that is far more then a junkyard would get, but I havent seen it. 600 is usually a good subaru project car price place to start

pics are a must to judge. how much rust? where and how bad?

mechanical condition: brakes work? does the carb work? choke? clutch in good shape? 

In excellent condition these are fetching $13-15k 

In fair condition $7k

Less than fair condition? It is difficult to say without more information

Price could be all over the place depending on what is needed.

Remember there are little to NO parts for these cars available. :(

Jamie

BBC2D490-70DA-4F22-BFB6-D8D2AD643C5B-830

Little surface, no rust through. Brakes are barely there.

So, do you have the shoes resurfaced and can you buy rebuild kits for carbs or is there a specialty shop that caters to the hard to find parts?

Edited by tundrabrat

Little to no brake parts available - front brake wheel cylinders are literally "unobtanium"

Brake Master cyl rebuild kits are getting harder and harder to find and piece together

Usual brake problems are leaking cylinders and a clogged/broken master cylinder.

Carb is very tricky to get fixed properly as well - just because parts are not out there for this unit.

This van appears to be a decent example. (Wipers are wrong, missing front emblem - that's what I see from here)

But from this one photo, for sure I have seen cars that are much -  MUCH  - worse.

This one is probably worth (in the current market) $2-4k - I'd have to see much more of the car to be certain.

The 360 Drivers Club is a great supporter of finding parts and offering assistance.

If you decide to go this route, you'll need the club to source parts and stay motivated 

360's are difficult to work on only in that parts are so hard to find....

If you can stay motivated and have patience, you will be able to have an awesome little show-off-car

Jamie