Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help! 85 Brat - No spark at distributor when engine heats up

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. When my Brat gets warmed up and I'm driving around, the engine suddenly dies. The engine turns when I crank it but it just doesn't fire up. I have to wait till it cools and then it starts up again. I checked for a spark at the distributor and noticed that there is no spark. I just replaced the igniter/pickup coil, the ignition coil, fuel pump, distributor cap, spark plugs, and wires from spark plugs to the distributor. So after the engine cools down I get a spark and everything works. It seems that there is some part of the ignition system that stops working when it gets hot. The Brat is not overheating. It's just weird. Hoping someone can offer a suggestion.

From previous experience with these symptoms in both my utes - ignition module. Did you replace with new ? Maybe try a gentle  to tighten up the grip the female spade terminal has on the modules male spade terminals ?