Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

tribeca tire question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tribecaowner13

tribecaowner13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Hinsdale, NH

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

Just Got A New Tribeca, With The AWD Do I Need To Get Winter Tires, Or Will The Stock Tires Be Fine?

#2 Rooster2

Rooster2

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 3,358 posts
  • Indianapolis

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

Since you live in N.H. you may want to consider winter tires, depending how much you drive in heavy snow. Subaru all wheel drive is great, winter tires would make it better.

#3 tribecaowner13

tribecaowner13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Hinsdale, NH

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

That Is Sort Of What I Thought, We Generally Don't Travel Unless We Have To During Storms Just Work Really Ten Miles Each Way. Guess I'll Have To Try And Find Some Winter Tires. Thanks

#4 Haight

Haight

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 260 posts
  • Seaside, OR

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Stop capitalizing every word...it hurts my brain.

I would recommend some winter tires for your location. Definitely not studded though. Not necessary in a Subaru.

#5 tribecaowner13

tribecaowner13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Hinsdale, NH

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

sorry about the capitalization its my stupid cell phone, thanks for the advice.

#6 grossgary

grossgary

Elite Master of the Subaru

• Members
  • 19,361 posts
  • WV

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

it's highly variable.  if you're close to the coast, don't get much snow, and the roads are flat, and the local snow removal is excellent - you may not notice much difference with snow tires with a meager commute and not much snow travel.

otherwise snow tires are amazing and well worth it.

if you want to keep the vehicle along time, get a set of dedicated wheels for the snow tires and your new wheels will last and stay in great shape much longer not being exposed to the winters. that's what most of us do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users