Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New wheels and tires on! 235/60/15 snow on re-drilled Toyotas

tires wheels lift modification EA82

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ofeargall

Ofeargall

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Dallas, OR

Posted 16 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

My son and I got the tires and wheels on Smokey the Subaru. We bought a set of Toyota 15" steelies and re-drilled the rims. Re-drilling was made easier by using an old hub I had from replacing the front hubs last summer. I also created a template in Adobe Illustrator that I set up on the 4x140mm. I've attached it here for anyone else who wants to use it.

Attached File  subaru_lug_template.pdf   40.95K   15 downloads

Re-driling went pretty well. It was smarter to use about 5 different sizes before ending on the big 1/2" bit at the end of it all. RapidTap makes it a lot easier to get the job done!

hub-guide-redrill_sm.jpg

redrill-slowly_sm.jpg

We got about a 2.5"-3" lift just from adding the wheels and tires. They're 235/60/15 snow tires we bought from a used tire place in Salem, Oregon. I had some tires to trade in from another rig and was able to get all 4 tires plus mounting and balancing for about $100 out of pocket.

We went with snow tires because it's almost snowboard season around these parts and I'd rather have the studded snow tires on for his safety over mud traction right now. They certainly clog up with mud quickly but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. 

The front tire rubs on the front side of the fender ever-so-slightly when you turn the wheel about 20%. Beyond that though we haven't noticed any real issues. We'll likely trim the fender a bit but I'm not convinced I want to spend the money on a 2" lift right now. We'll see...

smokey-subaru-01162014-2290_sm.jpg

Happy young man...

smokey-subaru-01162014-2285_sm.jpg

#2 odie

odie

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 131 posts
  • CC, TX

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

nice...I'll be doinf this soon as I have a couple sets of 6 bolts wheels sitting around...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tires, wheels, lift, modification, EA82

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users