Jump to content


Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse
 

Photo
- - - - -

couple issues with ej swap


  • Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#101 rxleone

rxleone

    Subaru Fanatic!

  • Members
  • 558 posts
  • Christchurch, New Zealand

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:43 PM

So this is finally resolved. It was something stupid of course, but something that wasn't thought to check. I planned on swapping the engine because that was the only thing I hadn't swapped out. I removed the exhaust and decided to try it just for the hell of it. It fired up and revved right to 6500rpms. So I immediately knew it was something with the exhaust. I removed the muffler and tried it, it still did it. I then removed the flex pipe, and it still did it, then I removed the small pipe off the header. That's where I found a small metal object, that looks like the cap to a metal chain link fence wedged in the pipe against the o2 sensor. I don't know where it came from, how it got there, or why it was in there. I do know it wasn't there when I assembled and installed the exhaust, or at least not in view. So it's aggravating that it's taken 2 years to find this, and to not know where this piece came from, but I'm excited to finally be able to finish this piece of the project and drive it!

Nice! I just read through this entire thread hoping you'd find what was up. Glad to hear it's fixed - gutted it took so long to find.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users