Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

making Cold Air intake ej swapped brat

Cold Air CAI Brat EJ Swap

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CWP8

CWP8

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • westminster

Posted 21 May 2014 - 06:40 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make a cold air intake for a swapped ej22 brat? i want a real cold air not just the short ram. thats what i have right know and it real sucks with the rapid changes in temp here in colorado. I lack power when its above 65 degrees. Don't know if thats related to a missing rear o2 sensor though or coming from engine bay temp. But i still would like to make a Cold Air system for the Brat. Any suggestions would be much appreciated (mainly where to put filter and material to use)

#2 Scooner

Scooner

New User

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Cheyenne, Wyoming

Posted 21 May 2014 - 08:54 PM

Where are you at in CO?

Do you still have the factory intake for the 2.2? I used the factory one in mine and just modified it a bit.

#3 CWP8

CWP8

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • westminster

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:33 PM

I have a factory 22 intake, i live in westminster, its about 20 minutes west of denver

#4 Scooner

Scooner

New User

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Cheyenne, Wyoming

Posted 22 May 2014 - 09:18 PM

I'm familiar with that, i own a house in Golden and grew up in south park in the mtns. I have an EJ in my loyale and i just modified the stock intake to accept air from the loyale stock air filter, works good so far and all i did was make the hole bigger in the air filter housing and use some duck tape.

Are you looking for any subaru parts?

#5 CWP8

CWP8

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • westminster

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

But what about bringing the air from the outside in? I dont have much of a way to do that because the two different body styles.

#6 Scooner

Scooner

New User

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • Cheyenne, Wyoming

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:23 PM

I used the hole through the passenger fender where the stock Loyale air cleaner pulled air from, and now I feel stupid because you have a Brat. Oh damn. Haha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cold, Air, CAI, Brat, EJ Swap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users