Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82t blow by when under boost

My ea82 is blowing by a bunch of oil out the passenger side valve cover. My pcv system is super cut down. All there is are the two breathers and the pcv valve. These should be hooked up in the way the the passenger side goes to the intake and the driver side goes to the valve ya? Ive been told to t them together and run that to the valve. Im also beleiving my turbo seals are bad which is why this happens under boost. It has a used td04 on it. Any ideas?

EA82 carb block of mpfi ? Did the spfi also get the mpfi behind the flywheel baffle plate venting to out top for a third PCV breather ?

I had an EA82T that shows score marks on the bore now heads are off, compression down to 60 in that pot, so half what others were or thereabouts, it ran fine under all conditions except up steepish inclines - must have been cylinder blow by under boost that forced rearward in sump oil up the baffle plates and into the intake - ala 007 stuff.

I say do a comp test and come back in here and tell....

Compression is great. I think it was like 140-150 all the way around. Bottom end was just rebuilt. Less than 1k on the motor. The block is a non turbo block so it does not have the breather coming out of it. Literally just have the two off the valve covers and the pcv valve. It is a mpfi motor with a spider intake

two breathers eh?  While engines have had breathers, there has always been some sort of direction for fumes to take. Look at arrows on manuals, suggests filtered air is drawn into crank case one side, drawn out other and into PCV. But while boosting this aint gonna happen is it?

Turbo EA82s I have are 130 as stated in manual for it, and second gen EA82 T has 150. I reckon these old crank cases could do with an external PCV vent off independent of the manifold PCV jsyt in case BUT they already have this path but not in your bare bones systemn ? The gen1 EA82T had a breather hook up after the flapper AFM so this woulda handled fumes building up in crankcase during boost.