Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need to replace 2005 Leagcy Wgn Door Jam switch ?

Hi ALL !

Stupid question !

I need to replace my 2005 Legacy Wgn  front pass door jam switch. It's beaten up, it gets pushed past the metal in the door jam and doesn't work, the alarm doesn't like it, neither does the interior light. I would think this would be stupid to replace ! I saw a switch on feeBAY there asking $40.00 ! From  what I can see of the picture, it seems to have a long , maybe 6 inch lead to it and then coupling. I barely can get the switch out of the hole because the leed is so short ! What a gives !? How do you get to this thing ? Is there a better way of replacing it ?

I'm seeing Subee part # 83331AE00B9E , I can't tell from the pictures if that's JUST the rubber bumper part OR it's BOTH the rubber AND the actual switch ?

THANKS ! SubeeTed

Edited by SubeeTed

in all honesty - try a junkyard. doesnt really matter left or right, just needs to be in decent working order

as for getting to the connector, you may need to pull the interior panel loose to get to it.

I used one from a 98 Forester on my 95 Legacy - my drivers door switch was shot. the Forester unit was identical and works just fine.

Hi ALL!
I just cleaned my car....a little, a little vac and fantastic. So I did some snooping around switch and interior trim. Found that the trim was easily pulled back to expose the small connector for the switch. So it's off to the junk yard I go !

THANKS, SubeeTed

• Like 1