Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I like the idea. Ive seen bull bar looking things on first gen Foresters, I think it was a factory/dealer option. Otherwise learn how to weld! Its a valuable skill to have. However as for a brush guard, being a unibody there really wouldnt be a good place to mount one, and might cause some serious damage underneath if there were a collision. Im unfamiliar with third gen Legacies, but if theyre anything like second gens even the lack of jacking points can be problematic. Ive seen a few on this forum and others who have used the crash bar mounts, removing the bumper and crash bar and fabricated some awesome looking brush guard bumper with a skid plate.

For my 2002 ob I just want something to help with style and deer strikes. I live in the mountains and deer and cars tend to mis read each other's laws of the road. And just wanna help protect my plastics and what-not. As for my 98 ob when I fix those pesky head gaskets (or drop in the 3.3 h6) I'm gonna fit steel tube bumbers and some kind of mean brush guard. It shall be my lean mean dirt road sliding beast bwhahahaha