Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help with wheels for my 78 Brat

Hey all. I found a company that will make 15in wheels in our 4x140 bolt circle. I can get widths from 5in to crazy wide. I want 15s so I have a better selection of tires, this will be a daily driver and maybe rally-cross toy. I'll run tires as close to the original diameter as possible.

Questions: Does anyone see a problem fitting 6 or 7 in wide wheels in the stock fender wells? What offset should I go with? It looks like there's not much room to bring the extra rim width inwards!

Offset I am not sure about but I ran 15×6 Peugeot rims on my 1978 wagon without issue. With the correct size tyres they fit within the guards too. 15×7 would need carefull measuring to get the offset right but should be possible.

Hey Leeroy, what model Peugeot wheels did you use? 505? I'm seeing a lot of those in a search of salvage yards. I didn't know you could get them in a 15.

Yes 505, just make sure they're the 15 inch versions and not the TRX 390mm metric.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I tried car-part.com. I made a lot of calls and emails on listed parts with no luck. Who knows how up to date the listings are. And after looking into Subarutex's wheels I learned that I can't use anything over 4.5in back spacing. I'm going to stick with my 13's until I'm ready to shell out for custom.