Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi guys i need some help with my 95 legacy lsi my atomatic transmission is not working properly when i put it on D is like if the trany is in neutral and on 3 gear is the same but wen i pu it on 2 or 1 it engages and i have to manually change the gears and at low sppeds the trany feels like is slipping reverse works and on the highway it works fine c

Edited by corlitoa

Is the AT TEMP light lit on the dash? Does it flash 16 times when you start the car? That's the diagnostic light for the transmission, it's possible to have that flash the trouble codes so you can figure out what's wrong. I can't remember how to do it, but there's a thread in the USRM.

Well the trasmisión fluid is goot i changed it 4 months ago the light for the transmission temperature does not como on. Well i dont think is electrical because it doesn't engage in drive and wen i go true the gears manually it work but is slipping on 3 gear up untill it gets up to speed and dont slip no more

Ok that's the first thing i did i checked the atf flyid and is ok is full and fresh it only engages in 1 and 2 and its like wen i put it in 2 is in 2 it dont go to 1 and then 2 is like manualy there but its slipping on 3 and 4 at low sppeds