Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA 62 engine for sale

Hey guys... I have a good running EA62 1300cc engine for sale. 

I am not sure the mileage as it came out of an amphibious atv...  Im guessin it doesnt have many miles for this reason.

It was used with a vw transaxle. ( i could include as well for the right price.) 

I will work on uploading some pictures this week or i can send via email

I will also grab the vin number

It is on an engine stand so you can hear it run as well

I have not determined an asking price yet but i am entertaining offers.  I know these are likea 1 or 2 year offering.

Trades considered:

I am going to replace this engine in the machine with a ej22 model engine so i would consider trades for this engine/ecu/ext...  

the 2.0 engine is to wide for my application so it must be a 2.2L as they are slightly les wide.

I am looking for fuel injection and a bit more power and dont want to cut up this unique engine in the process. I know someone out there needs this engine in its origional form.

Located in Charlotte NC

Stephen

1100's and 1300's getting just about impossible to find. I hope somebody takes you up on the offer but I doubt there's anybody here that will.

Several of us here have come across old dealer stock and there's often old 1100 and 1300 bits. Always wanted to rebuild one. I'm pretty sure one or maybe two engines are still in ctsuba's old stock but I'm not sure what's going to happen with the guy who took over his stuff after he died last year.

The 1300 boxer was once explained by scientist type dudes to be the most efficient gas engine that could be produced! And they had barely any issues from overheating and head warp like the 1400 did because they removed too much material when boring to 1400 spec.

An interesting and viable piece of Subaru history.

Probably will go to scrap but so it goes.

Good luck on the new engine. And hell yeah post pics ! Roosting ! Lol

• Like 1