Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Tach dropping violently and car stalling

I've been having intermittent problems with my tach dropping to 0, usually after pressing the clutch, coasting at slow speeds, and when driving at around 70mph. It's accompanied by a clicking sound whenever out drops. I've also been stalling at red lights but the car usually will start back up after a few seconds. I installed a new fuel filter thinking that might solve the issue, but it actually made the stalling worse. I'm driving a 94 loyale. Any suggestions as to why this is happening?

Might be the fuel pump it's self... I'm still knocking on wood mine has yet to die... i hear others talk about the pump alot... who knows about the tach issue though it may be reading the o2 sensor that there is no emissions at the time that there is a lean conditions present as if the fuel air mix is less when and if the pump drops pressure or doesn't pump even though the ignition is on it want to shutdown...? In the mean time.. check fuses and the other ovbvious ones we somtimes overlook fuse able links on the coolant bottle and all connections brittle wiring connectors.... others will be in soon to help..

Edited by Len Dawg