Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I was planning on going to a local "junk" yard(Pull Apart)to look for the roof rails so I can install a rack system.

First question: B/4 I go to the "junk" yard I want to know what years did Subaru make the same body style that will fit my 97? That way if I find a wagon with roof rails I can be sure they will fit.

Second question: If the Subarus I find there have a radio CD player in one of these cars is there a sight chance that the electrical connection on that system is like what I have on my radio cassette player?

The body style should be the same '95-'99. As far as the CD player, when I pulled the stock radio/cassette deck from my car I noticed that there was one connector that was in use that connected it to the car. The radio/deck also had a round connector that was not in use. I would guess that the CD player (w/ appropriate cable) would plug into this other port. So I would think that as long as you get the CD player and cable (assuming your deck has the round port) you should have no problem. (?)

-Heikki

Hey Scott, just got back from Kenai for the weekend. Don't shy away from putting in an aftermarket deck in your subie. All three of mine have aftermarket decks - 1 Blaupunkt and 2 Panasonics.
Matt, Matt, Matt...I thought you knew better than that. Its not the fear of aftermarket its the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hell, Pull Apart will sell me stuff dirt cheap. For instance I bought a 300 dollar side window for my Caravan, when I had it, for 23 bucks...tinted and everything just like the original!!! I picked up a alternator for a Galant for 12 bucks and it worked great. You know me, I'm a cheap rump roast Finn!!! Just like the other one you know!hahahahahahahaha