Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Oregon Off-Road Camp-Out/4x4 trip March 21st.-24th.

Guest mudrat79

Guest hodakarider

Well, I admit I thought about bringing it, but the x-tra gas I'd use towing the trailer that far would kill me! That and the trailer ain't looking so well these days. Maybe if I had a Brat!!

Guest hodakarider

Found some Pug steels! $100 fer 4, the guy has another set, but wants to hold onto them for his Pug. I'm going to see if I can do a deal for some 205/70/14 or 205/75/14 tires, then I might have Pugs for the trip!! (I kinda need new tires anyways)

Guest magnificent subaru

Your reservation has been confirmed. I've upgraded you to a definite for my cabin on the soob weekend. Most likely there will be a second place of the four available. I'm still optimistic that I'll be able to find one friend to go with me on this trip, what surely will be an epic journey testing Soob and man!

Should I hook in my welded diff?????????????????

Ross

Guest bajavwnsoobnut

I will call you today John I might have access to someplace to stay near La Pine or else in Prineville which is like 40 miles away but with the REALLY good gas mileage (read: High altitude) I get when I am over there it should be an easy 1 hour drive to get there in the mornings

Guest mudrat79

Ross, Bring the Diff, but don't stick it in till you get here.....

Baja, Sorry I didn't catch you on the phone, I had it off most of the day...I'll try calling you tomorow.......

Later all, John and Crew in Eugene......

Guest bajavwnsoobnut

ok I am in on it I might bunk with one of the other guys cause I am coming alone but might have syrinx comin with me with his daughter but if need be I have things arranged with a friends mom to stay at their place overnight in fall river (just south of sunriver)

Guest hodakarider

GOT MY PUGS! I traded them straight across for a set of 175/70/13 Blizzaks. Then I went to WallyWorld with a tire that came from there originally (it had a holed sidewall). They gave me warranty on it, and I picked up some 195/60/14 M+S tires for $25 each!! CHEAP. They're not the greatest, and they're not as big as I wanted, but WTH, they were cheap!!

Guest grease weasel

I have a cabin in lapine on one acre. The cabin is small but has a loft and room for 5 or 6 to sleep inside and plenty of camping.And it's FREE! dogs welcome.Plus I know the area well and have every map to these areas.If this interest anyone let me know.Contact me at jasonkarn@hotmail.com or ph# is 541 408 2361.This area is good for stock subys. it's kind of sandy with sharp lava flows inbetween, in an old growth ponderosa forest with views of cascade mountain.this time of year it will have everything from snow to mud to dry you will most likely get blocked by downed trees so come prepared for that.I mostly enjoy rally style driving here, it's well suited for that but I know some total 4x4 spots and local points of interest.So if my offer interest anyone swing by we'll have a camp fire and, some brews .

later jason::

Guest bajavwnsoobnut

I'll call you tonight grease weasel and I agree about the terrain around the bend/ La Pine area in fact if john and the guys are wanting to check out a few things I might take them out on China Hat road hehe (lets say last time I was on it I was doin 65 mph on gravel in a 70 BUG!!!!)

Guest magnificent subaru

John: Sorry no extra goodies (door, tranny,etc) are going to make it with me. I think I might be lucky to make it myself. Along with the other pre-trip items I have been doing, I think I blew a headgasket. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: As my sweet and smoky exhaust never lies. Gonna try and make it but I might end up on the side of the road looking like this

:x Ross

Guest mudrat79

Ok All......

I plan on being at the camp grounds Around 3:00 Friday afternoon......

Glad to see you are still aking the trip hodaka.......:)

Ross is Good to Go........Talked to him today...:)

Jason In Lapine, I tried to call you, but never an answer....?

Call me tomorrow if possible....? 541-729-8490.....

See you all there,

John and Crew in Eugene......

Guest hodakarider

Yup, I'm leaving town about 8am. Border shouldn't be too bad here. Brief stop in Spokane, again in Kennewick, maybe once more before Bend, then on to the park. I'm thinking around 7 or 8 PM ?

See you there!

• 7 years later...

Hay this is the moondoggy of the high desert flat rats of central oregon I am intrested in this tri but i was under the im restion that it was to start in la ine and come to rineville by way of bend and redmond is that corect or not... I have a 87 gl wagon 6 in lift 32 in tires on subi hubs nissan trasfrecase 3o gears forword....One and only high rise intake on stock motor....

Hay this is the moondoggy of the high desert flat rats of central oregon I am intrested in this tri but i was under the im restion that it was to start in la ine and come to rineville by way of bend and redmond is that corect or not... I have a 87 gl wagon 6 in lift 32 in tires on subi hubs nissan trasfrecase 3o gears forword....One and only high rise intake on stock motor....

Does your wagon also have a flux capacitor? If not, you're going to need to acquire one, as this trip happened over seven years ago.

"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."