Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi everyone. I recently lost use of garage parking for my 2000 Forester. Since it's on the street now, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to get a locking gas cap. (Why don't they put interior releases for the gas fill door like my old Accord had?)

Can anyone recommend a place to get a locking gas cap for my Subie? Does Subaru sell any?

Thanks!

Hi everyone. I recently lost use of garage parking for my 2000 Forester. Since it's on the street now, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to get a locking gas cap. (Why don't they put interior releases for the gas fill door like my old Accord had?)

Can anyone recommend a place to get a locking gas cap for my Subie? Does Subaru sell any?

Thanks!

I have a locking one on my 2000 Forester. Make sure you get a STANT brand. I used a cheaper one (I forget the brand) and I was not pleased with how it worked after a while.

Remove the one on the teather and put the screw back into the gas tank; that way you can't lose it should you decide not to use the locking one.

You do not need a vented one; the plain one will be fine. Just be sure not to cross thread it. I did that once and it was a bitch getting off !

~Howard

:cool: