Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1999 Legacy GT Limited Sedan Question?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MyaLover

MyaLover

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Whitehall

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:39 PM

I just got a Legacy and it has the 2.5 AT. I was wondering what I should expect for gas mileage. And also, in about 2 weeks I'll be taking in on a trip out east (About 4000 miles round trip). I was wondering if there was any sort of checklist I should go over before I leave. And is there anything I should expect from my car on a long trip? Thanks guys!

#2 DaveWV

DaveWV

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Charelston, WV

Posted 04 August 2004 - 09:25 PM

We have the exact same model Legacy and we got 27-28 mpg on our last road trip and around 20 mpg in town.

#3 Geoff4130

Geoff4130

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Lat. 44.67N Lon. 90.18W

Posted 04 August 2004 - 09:44 PM

I get about 21 on average with my 2.5L automatic around town. Driving to Madison and back I get about 25, but hopefully that will go up since I just had a lot of stuff replaced in the engine.

#4 MyaLover

MyaLover

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Whitehall

Posted 04 August 2004 - 09:52 PM

I get about 21 on average with my 2.5L automatic around town. Driving to Madison and back I get about 25, but hopefully that will go up since I just had a lot of stuff replaced in the engine.

Madison and back? Are you from somewhere in WI? Where at? I'm in the Eau Claire/La Crosse area.

#5 Subie Gal

Subie Gal

GC84Ever

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  • WA

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:27 AM

i averaged 23-25mpg in my 99 4EAT GT...

checklist before traveling:
check air filter
fuel filter need swapping?
check all fluids (washer, brake, AT, and coolant)
check tire pressures and tire tread
check windshield washer blades (need replacing?)
need an oil/oil filter change? (if not you will after the trip!!!)

have a safe trip!
Jamie

#6 Geoff4130

Geoff4130

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Lat. 44.67N Lon. 90.18W

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:31 PM

Madison and back? Are you from somewhere in WI? Where at? I'm in the Eau Claire/La Crosse area.

I live in St. Louis now, but will be moving to Madison in the middle of next month. I have some friends that live in Marshfield, I think it's 2 hours south of you.

#7 MyaLover

MyaLover

New User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Whitehall

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:43 PM

I live in St. Louis now, but will be moving to Madison in the middle of next month. I have some friends that live in Marshfield, I think it's 2 hours south of you.

Yeah, it's not too far off!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users