Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Probably a bad cone washer?

I think I have a bad cone washer, or I may have the other washer on incorrectly. Thought I'd double check to make sure there isn't other possibilitys. But on my passenger side front hub, ever sense I did the brakes that side has had the brakes rubbing on it as if the roter was warped. However it isn't warped. So I know somehow the hub is lose, it gets alot worse when I turn left and put side weight pushing against that wheel. So I'm just making sure the only possible cause could be the cone washer, are there any other causes for this I may have missed? thanks for the input.

yeah, I already retorqued it. I sat and thought about it, I think it might have something to do with the break caliper being on it at the time of crank down, because I always torqued it when the e-brake was on.I'm gonna pull it off tonight, examine the washers, if need to be replaced, will replace, put back on, drop car down, torque it down without the e-brake on... (the tire will be on the hub at the time) then I'll lift it back up and take the tire back off so I can put the pin back in

no it's actually not doing it at all when the car sits, it gets bad say after a freeway run. But I descovered what it was, the washer for the cone washer was on backwords.... but sense it's been dragging on the brake all this time, the rooter is warped now. So time for a new rooter.