Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Probably a bad cone washer?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Shoreline, WA

Posted 12 September 2004 - 01:14 PM

I think I have a bad cone washer, or I may have the other washer on incorrectly. Thought I'd double check to make sure there isn't other possibilitys. But on my passenger side front hub, ever sense I did the brakes that side has had the brakes rubbing on it as if the roter was warped. However it isn't warped. So I know somehow the hub is lose, it gets alot worse when I turn left and put side weight pushing against that wheel. So I'm just making sure the only possible cause could be the cone washer, are there any other causes for this I may have missed? thanks for the input.

#2 TomRhere

TomRhere

Certified BRAT nut!!!

• Members
  • 3,975 posts
  • Hillsdale, Mi. USA

Posted 12 September 2004 - 05:33 PM

Onliest thing I know is; any and every time I've had to remove the axle nut and associated parts, I've always had to re-torque the axle nut within a 100 miles or so. Kindly like somet'n ain't seat itself right. But I really don't have an answer for that one.

#3 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Shoreline, WA

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:16 PM

yeah, I already retorqued it. I sat and thought about it, I think it might have something to do with the break caliper being on it at the time of crank down, because I always torqued it when the e-brake was on.I'm gonna pull it off tonight, examine the washers, if need to be replaced, will replace, put back on, drop car down, torque it down without the e-brake on... (the tire will be on the hub at the time) then I'll lift it back up and take the tire back off so I can put the pin back in

#4 Mykeys Toy

Mykeys Toy

Subaru Master

• Members
  • 2,005 posts
  • South Prairie, Wa

Posted 13 September 2004 - 07:27 AM

Does it sound like it is binding, and is worse when the car has been sitting for a few hours?

Mike

#5 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 895 posts
  • Shoreline, WA

Posted 13 September 2004 - 05:32 PM

no it's actually not doing it at all when the car sits, it gets bad say after a freeway run. But I descovered what it was, the washer for the cone washer was on backwords.... but sense it's been dragging on the brake all this time, the rooter is warped now. So time for a new rooter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users