Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ragtop Wagon

BTW, the "cloth sliding sunroof" was an option on the early VeeWees....they also came in the 21/32 window deluxe busses, very sweet (not my bus, but I wish)
Yeah, VW's were the inspiration. I remeber at a very young age my mom told me about her VW from her college years, and how it had a sliding ragtop....

Hey, If you are REALLY careful cutting the hole, can you reuse the cutout piece as a hardtop? Trim it up nice, matching paint....
I dunno if you'd wanna do that, it be a bit too small and would probably "flap" in the wind and be real loud and obnoxious.

I use the piece of roof to keep the puppy out of my closet.

or my friends suggestion, plexiglass, then you'd have a little greenhouse action on those sunny winter days.
Good idea.

I dunno if you'd wanna do that, it be a bit too small and would probably "flap" in the wind and be real loud and obnoxious.

Is the opening that much bigger than the original cut? Do you have to bend/roll the edges or somehing? What is the approx. difference between cut and finish size?

Your wheel is safely tucked away in my garage, I'm still trying to come up with a lug option but it's looking grim. You guys gettin out and playin in the rain? your cars look pretty clean in those pics

I thought you could get lugs from that site, uh, rockauto.com. They're 504 wheels, right?.... I just orderd some, we'll see if they work.

The rain. Yeah. The clay soil down here in the valley destroys anything with moving parts when its wet. Best to keep the toys at home. I did some [bike] trail work at the lunch loop on Sunday, and it rained on us all day. Consequently, my bike got hammered. But the new trail looks good.

Is the opening that much bigger than the original cut? Do you have to bend/roll the edges or somehing? What is the approx. difference between cut and finish size?

Check the instuctions that are posted on the site, they've got a diagram of what you're dealing with, and some installation pics too.

• 1 year later...