Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Check with a dealer or auto auction in your area. They may be able to get you a wholesale deal, and pass PART of the savings along to you, especially if you're willing to pick the car up on the other end at another auction or dealer. They may be able to put you in touch with a cheapo hauler without a "cut" too. DAS is only one of HUNDREDS of car haulers. They will do a good job, but it ain't rocket science. Also do a google search for 'auto transport' or 'car haulers'. Prices vary greatly. I have shipped cars and motorcycles half way across the country for $500 a couple of times. Covered transport costs a lot extra, as does door-to-door delivery. Your car has been wet before. Contrary to popular belief it really IS just a machine. It doesn't care.

During my days of selling cars on ebay (still do) I would go down to south FL and but three or four cars at the auction and have them shipped up to my home for arounf $50.00 a piece. Granted these were local guys doing the move, not a company like DAS that does door-to-door, is fully insured and works around your schedule. The old saying still applies here.....you get what you pay for. There are actual websites that will find you the best and cheapest shippers. Do some searches on yahoo and see what you can find.