Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Florida Subaru meet and greet 01-15-05 Orlando, FL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted is an hour and a half north, but we could make this into a meet-greet-and-run up into Ocala NF.. doing simple stuff like 595 up around the bombing range (some siiick sugar sand, small hillclimbs) and maybe blueberry hill (sweet long sandy hillclimb). It'd be a good make up for the last run that everybody else missed. Since I'm gonna go play there anyways before I drive back home, we might as well all go play a bit after we meet. :D

I would love to hit the ONF but I am under the impression that my tranny is on it's way out by the blinking light on my dash. It appears to do well on the highway but beyond that I wouldn't trust it. Maybe I could ride shotgun with someone to do some wheelin.

Anybody else want to go wheelin after the meet n' greet?

I just have to decide witch subaru to drive.86 brat or 85 swamperd and and snorkeled wagon.should be a fun day.

Drive the Brat! I would love to go wheeling but the Brat has been acting up for the past week or so. Its having idling problems that I can't seem to track down. This may be the first and last meet for it for awhile, I think I may give it a little restoration, rustproofing and maybe even a shiny red or yellow paint job for its twentieth birthday. I want to get it cleaned up and protected so that I don't have to worry what might be lurking behind the fenders or shock mounts. Plus as these things get more and more collectable it might be fun to take it to some local car shows or something.

You wanna talk about ghetto, I ran over a log yesterday and it pulled the exhaust off of my headers. It bent the bracket and pushed it back into the rear axle which tore the boot. So now I have a brat that stalls at red lights sometimes and sounds like an airplane/'69 El Camino when its not stalling. I'm seriously thinking about getting a Legacy or something for a grand or two now that I've sold the Jeep. Something that can tolerate the 150-200 miles a day I'm having to drive for work and be comfortable too. Have you had any major problems with yours?

We still want you there. No matter what you will be driving. You are a part of the club. I think one of the salesmen from the local Roo dealer will be attending the meet this saturday. I look forward to seeing you all out there.

Lets shoot for high noon. I thought we could go to this really good restaurant not far from where we will be meeting and grab a bite. Please let me know if this sounds good or if we should scrap that idea. I figured we could sit arounf some big tables and chat.

Well, unless some new stuff comes about, its not looking like I'll make it. I cant for the life of me figure out WTF is wrong with the brat. :banghead: It kinda defeats the purpose of a Subaru meet if I show up in a Honda. brownbag.gif
Bring the Honda, who cares what you are driving. There are so few of us Soobie nuts down here it'd be nice to meet everyone. Also, I've found a great place to do some wheeling afterwards if we want. Its on State Rd. 50 just a bit west of Clermont in the Withlacoochee Natl. Forest. I've taken the Brat out there a few times over the past 2 weeks or so on the way home from work and it really nice. The stuff I've been on is just dirt trails through the forest, any AWD vehicle should have no problem getting through, even 2WD should be fine (I've never put the Brat in 4WD). Plus its not as far as Ocala but still on the way (granted, its the long way) home for us left coasters while not being too far away for the Orlando and East Coasters. I'd be up for that if anyones interested. I may also wind up going to Gainesville afterwards so Ocala might not be totally out of the question either. I'm looking forward to it...

I'm gonna continue to troubleshoot, so hopefully something will break soon.

Hmm.. if I can source the money for the difference in fuel, I could bring down the Bronco, so I could still have 4wd if we do go out afterwards. My Honda is very capable, but not fun.

I've got a meet with the Bronco guys on the 29th in central Alabama. Heh.. I'm trying to juggle dollars when all I've got are dimes.

I am still going.I am up in the ocala national forest every week.I usually bring my 2 honda 3 wheelers with me.I know some great trails in southeast part of the forest that are good for stock 4wd.I live in deltona and the forest starts in deland,about 25 min away.the water is coming down from the hurricanes now.perfect for my snorkeled wagon(with swampers).I hope to do a trail sometime.

I would invite the owners of newer roos but the parking lot would be full of old people with their outbacks. I never see a roo with someone less than 50 years old in it.

I pull up next to them so they can see thier cars fasha (goldmember saying father) but they are either too blind to notice the car next to them or they think it is some yugo statiion wagon.

I saw a guy in a Baja the other day on the highway so I pulled up next to him, he looked over and he knew what I was driving and then gave me a thumbs up and waved. Then I mashed the gas, saw the "power" and I was gooone.

WE NEED MORE OLD SCHOOL ROOS!!

Weather looks like it might be kind of icky this weekend :-\. If its a torrential downpour I'm not sure we'll make it. I'll do my best but a fussy brat in the rain on an hour+ trip isn't much fun. If the weathers ok though (not torrential dp) we are still in.

I have the official weather from the 15th. Below is the link to the weather channels website with the info on saturday.

http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday-details.html?locid=32792&dayNum=2&from=weekend

I hope this helps. I am really looking forward to seeing everyone on saturday.

TOMMOROW IS THE DAY!!! They say the rain is moving south of Orlando tonight.

Hope to see everyone out there.

Even if you don't have your roo.

:drunk:

What about gas money? I've got 52 cents in my pocket and a six pack of store brand mac and cheese to last me till next wednesday. Sux.