Ultimate Subaru Message Board

PK can't contain himself anymore

P K

I agree, lift and rally dont go together. I want to run fast on the dunes and dirt roads, and the minimal ground clearance scares me. I figure 2 inches is enough to get some more wheel travel (one inch body and one inch strut lift). BYB Brett's in OZ has a 3-inch lift with 28" tires:

libert1.jpg

A little more than I want, but I want more than stock. I am always open for suggestions and opinions. Besides, I am in the business :)

thanks, PK

i can only imagine what kinda terrain this car is capable of surviving at speed, what a beautiful thing!!!:)

hope you keep us up to date on your future fun!

peace:D

Thanks All for the feedback.

I promise I won't blaspheme it.

But daaaaamn! its fun. Its raining big time here and the car schticks like glue.

("...but officer, I wasn't driving faster than was safe - the car makes it safe."

Lift away PK. This one's gonna be cool. AWD wasn't meant for the street. The legacy ws originally a rally car for Subaru, they're at home in the dirt. Turbo or no. Thanks dustyrider for pulling out that photo, you beat me to it. And yeah, what you said about it.

i know a couple guys that rally turbo legacys , very nice cars , handle great!!!! and fast!!!!

, my friend is using Ground Control coil-overs, you remove the bottom spring pirch(tire clearence) and slip the threaded body over the strut tube ,and add a top spring top hat.the setup uses 2.5" dia. springs..the set up costs about $350 with springs, and he has it raised up about 2" maybe more. they are cheap and you can get your spring rates set up so that the change is not an issue, and you can run what ever tire size you want, the common rally tire is on a 15 in. rim, to offset the change lift you can also add camber bolts to get back you camber.

its cheap and its what rally guys do on a cost effective budget.

later,

Richard

ps. very nice car you'll love it!!!!! side note i just bought a '93 turbo legacy to give to my brother , for $2000 but i get his '91 2 wheel drive for grp 5 rally cross. so i don't beat up my '00 RS