Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok, I was looking in the photo gallery, and I noticed all of the cars with the light bar on top, and the basket up on top with the full size spare in it. Where can I find a basket like that, that might fit the top of a 93 subaru legacy. If so, how much do they usually run? Thanks.

Subaru offers them :) the cargo basket kits anyway...

Cargo Basket Kit

Jamie

Ok, I was looking in the photo gallery, and I noticed all of the cars with the light bar on top, and the basket up on top with the full size spare in it. Where can I find a basket like that, that might fit the top of a 93 subaru legacy. If so, how much do they usually run? Thanks.

Do you have a factory roof rack?

Check with local salvage yards for a complete roof rack if you want to go factory--tons cheaper. However, I have no experience with putting a factory roof rack on a Subie that did not come with one from the factory, so some other folks here might be able to shed some light on that... (In fact, I might be able to get you one of a '94 Legacy wagon--if yours is a wagon.)

If aftermarket, I'd go with a Yakima system. (That's what my wife has on her Volvo) They have a few of the baskets to choose from: http://www.yakima.com/home.html Check your local bicycle shop--they should be able to rig you with the whole setup.

no, i dont have the factory roof rack...

Then I would go with a Thule set up.

I used to sell used racks on ebay, and all the Thule racks I would pick up even after 20 years were in great shape. Yakima rust after just a few years.

Look on ebay for a rack and basket or find a local used rack place where you live.

there are a couple of guys on the board that fab most of those racks you see on the heavy offroaders' cars. i know john (mudrat79) makes them and tony (soobme) makes them (but i havent got a hold of tony in a while). cheaper than buying from thule/yakima/etc. and just as durable. plus, built to specification.

good luck, skeet