Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Help request from anyone who has installed a gas tank fairly recently in Gen II Brat

I don't know why I forget to pay attention to things I would normally be very careful about with my Impreza (probably because the Impreza is on the only running car at the moment) but there are three small fuel lines running off the passenger side of the fuel tank near the filler tube on my 1985 Brat that I removed when I pulled the old tank out to put the heavily undercoated new rust-free tank in. Problem is, I forgot to pay attention to where each line went. Go me. At any rate, one of the three lines is smaller than the other two making it a no-brainer, but the other two lines are identical in size. What I'm talking about:

Body Side Of The Lines

fuel1.jpg

Tank Side Of The Lines

fuel2.jpg

Does anyone know which line in the "tank" photo is #1 and which is #2? The parts exploded diagram doesn't make it clear at all, and the techs at the dealership can't remember (granted, only two of them have ever worked on a Subaru this old). Any help would be most gratefully appreciated!

Don't all three go to that evaporator tank hidden just above where the lines are mounted?

On my Hatch I believe all went into the evaporator/collector tank then back to the actual fuel tank? So two of them went from the fuel tank back to the evaporator tank and one came from the charcoal canister tank under the hood to the evaporator tank. :confused:

Good Luck,

82 SubaruHummer--now uses those two lines as a tank vent:brow:

01 Forester