Ultimate Subaru Message Board

not sure what the codes mean

I have a 1992 2.2l legacy wagan. The car has been running excellent until today. Well actually yesterday the car died once while coming to a stop. This morning when I started the car the revs didn't go up like it normally does. I turned the car off then turned it back on and it seemed fine. Tonight the car started to hesitate mostly between 1000 rpm to 3000 rpm. The car idles now around 1500 but will occasionally drop down or rise up. The check engine light is on and I found some codes but I'm not sure what they mean. The codes are 12 15 35 24. Not sure which one of these are old. I think it might be the alternator but not sure. Hope someone can help. Thanks

Do a search on the board for "legacy codes" and you should be set. I would clear the codes first and then see if they come back. There is a chance you have some old codes stored. Pull the #14 fuse and leave it out for a few hours, then re-install it. Drive your vehicle as usuall and then check for codes. These codes you should be able to cross reference with the info you find on the board.

Hope this helps.

Josh please give this person the link to the codes if you have it handy.

Thanks. I left the car sit over night, when I started it this morning there was no check engine light on, and the car seemed to be running fine. I thought it was a coincidence that the car didn't act up until the wife tried to move the car for me. She hopped the car down the road a little ways stalled it a little, maybe I will just have to revoke her subaru driving privileges. Oh well I'm sure the problem will come back again.