Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Alaska Subaru Shops

In another thread, someone mentioned that AAA-1 Subaru in Anchorage is no longer the priemier shop it once used to be. (click here for that thread)

While doing a search, I came across this article in the Anchorage Daily News. Now it makes perfect sense that the Subaru shop in Soldotna is so good and the AAA-1 in Anchorage has gone to crap. I was not aware of the fact the Anchorage shop changed hands and the owners moved to Soldotna. I haven't had a Subaru for about a year, and the last time it needed work (that I couldn't do myself) was at least 3-4 years ago.

I guess that means that when I get a Subaru and it needs work, its just that much further to go for the best Subaru shop in Alaska!

Later,

I've been to the one in Soldotna, and they are good. Best place in the state for an oil change (oil and filter installed = $10). But the best shop I've foud is Dave Miller's Subaru in Eagle River. When I have a problem I can't figure out, I see him. He is the dude.