Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anybody knows if there are aftermarket fog lamps available for my 96 Impreza OBS? The ones from the dealer are ridiculously expensive.

TIA

Forgive the rant but what do you need them for? Are you going to be one of those people on the busy freeway blinding everybody with their foglamps? Sure the fog lamp might add a shred of visibility for you (on the busy highway) but I personally have never seen that. The problem is, if I, or anybody else can't see because we're blinded by your foglamps then we crash and you get a nice clear view of us wrecking our car. Extreme example perhaps, but think before you use those things.

Forgive the rant but what do you need them for? Are you going to be one of those people on the busy freeway blinding everybody with their foglamps? Sure the fog lamp might add a shred of visibility for you (on the busy highway) but I personally have never seen that. The problem is, if I, or anybody else can't see because we're blinded by your foglamps then we crash and you get a nice clear view of us wrecking our car. Extreme example perhaps, but think before you use those things.
Actually fog light shine down and if properly aligned and working add a lot of view to the side up close down low on the road. Driving lights are the ones that blind other drivers.

I love mine, I live in some what rural Colorado and they add tons of visibly to my commute. Plus the help with ground blizzards and other adverse weather conditions.