Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Gl10 Turbo Electrical Problems

mdjdc

My wifes gl10 died yesterday. Thought it was just a dead battery, one of the kids leaving a door ajar and killing the bat. Last night I tried to jump it and with the cables hooked up I got the system back. Then I tried to start it and instantly I lost all of the electrical system. No interior lights even. I checked the fuses and all were fine. My question is where to check next?

Anyone with some ideas please help.

hook up the cables backwards? sounds dumb, but it happens, and can do the same thing.

check your fusible links, under the hood, right next to the battery, unless you included them in the fuse check.

see if youhave power to the fusible links, then the fuse box, then the coil. work your way back till you find no power.

I agree about the fusible links. They are in the black box mounted on the coolant reservoir. There could be a loose connection problem also with one of them.

The smaller wire that ties to the positive battery post is what supplies the power to the fusible links and the fuse panel. Make sure that has good connection at the battery. If the fusible links are ok then check for internal corrosion of the wire at the battery connection. Having a test light to check for voltage would be real helpful with this problem.

Do you have headlights?

My vote was for a bad battery connection and/or bad ground. The connection to the POS battery cable (near where the cable clamps to the post; this connector secures various ring-connectors to a small post using a wing-nut or regular nut) is suspect.