Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i have a 95 legacy l 2.2 awd i recently bought, i havnt done lal the fluid checks yet and i noticed theres smoke rising from around or below the top left part of the engine

ive also noticed my car makes a louder high pitch noise then other subaru's ive been in, i dunno if it could be tranny fluid or diff fluid if that ever goes low?

also my clutch is really really bad i need to replace it soon. i can smell it after a while of normal driving when i shut the car off

the smoke comes up around in this circle..

post-10226-13602759907_thumb.jpg

i have a 95 legacy l 2.2 awd i recently bought, i havnt done lal the fluid checks yet and i noticed theres smoke rising from around or below the top left part of the engine

ive also noticed my car makes a louder high pitch noise then other subaru's ive been in, i dunno if it could be tranny fluid or diff fluid if that ever goes low?

also my clutch is really really bad i need to replace it soon. i can smell it after a while of normal driving when i shut the car off

the smoke comes up around in this circle..

The area you circled is right above the cat and the right side inner cv boot.

A few possibilities:

1) The boot is torn and fligning grease on the hot cat.

2) A rear cam seal or the rear crank seal is leaking.

3) The infamous separator plate (between engine and trans) is leaking on the cat.

4) The oil pan is leaking and oil is blown on the cat when car is mooving.

5) ?