Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

new axle question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 djcracker

djcracker

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • northwest

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:37 AM

Installing new axle in my 92 loyale 2wd. What all do I need to grease. And any other things I need to do know?

#2 85Sub4WD

85Sub4WD

EA82 Junkie

• Members
  • 1,244 posts
  • Raleigh NC/Charlotte NC

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:21 PM

I feel bad no one has posted yet -

you will have to repack your front wheel bearings when you do it - that is what is most important as far as what you should grease -
!remember to keep grease away from all brake hardware!
I know axles can be a real pain to get out, but I have not yet had to change one myself

#3 edrach

edrach

Charter member OFRT

• Members
  • 12,324 posts
  • Bothell, WA

Posted 21 February 2005 - 04:29 PM

It would also help to use a little "never seeze" grease on the stub axles before sliding on the DOJ; it'll prevent rust in the future which will make it hard to remove the axle next time. Also, note the champered hole on the axle and make sure it matches the champered hole on the stub axle. If you install the DOJ 180 degrees out, the roll pin won't go in because the holes will not line up. Also, knock out the roll pin from the non-champered side; and re-install the pin (preferably a new one altho I've never used new without problems) only from the champered side. I think if you check the repair manual section there's a write up for doing the 4WD drive axles; same procedure works for the 2WD version. Good luck with the install.

Installing new axle in my 92 loyale 2wd. What all do I need to grease. And any other things I need to do know?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users