Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I must be loosing my mind. I have a REAL nice 99 AWD Legacy 30th Anniversary Sedan (2.2) with sunroof, alloy wheels CD player and 110,000 less miles than my 93 AWD Legacy L wagon. But you know what, I was looking at ads today and wondering if I could unload my 99 and get back into a gen 1 legacy again without loosing my shirt.

I was looking at AutoTrader and cars.com and everytime a nice green wagon was listed I would check it out and get a little teary eyed, well maybe not teary eyed but nostalgic :-)

I changed the plugs on the 99 and it is amazing how much easier it was on the 93. It isn't like I couldn't get it done, it is still easy as pie on the 99 but the 93 was easier pie!

I have no kids and no real need for a wagon, but I miss having a wagon! I feel like there should be more space in the sedan.

Oh well, I guess the fool wants what the fool doesn't have....

I feel you. I have a 98 and my dad has a 92 Legacy wagon. He wants to sell his and I won't let him. I told him I want it before anybody else...even if the rust along the top of the windshield leaks water in the summer. It runs and drives nicer than mine. I'm always checking the paper for first gen legacy wagons with five speeds. There is just nothing better.

I must be loosing my mind. I have a REAL nice 99 AWD Legacy 30th Anniversary Sedan (2.2) with sunroof, alloy wheels CD player and 110,000 less miles than my 93 AWD Legacy L wagon. But you know what, I was looking at ads today and wondering if I could unload my 99 and get back into a gen 1 legacy again without loosing my shirt.

I was looking at AutoTrader and cars.com and everytime a nice green wagon was listed I would check it out and get a little teary eyed, well maybe not teary eyed but nostalgic :-)

I changed the plugs on the 99 and it is amazing how much easier it was on the 93. It isn't like I couldn't get it done, it is still easy as pie on the 99 but the 93 was easier pie!

I have no kids and no real need for a wagon, but I miss having a wagon! I feel like there should be more space in the sedan.

Oh well, I guess the fool wants what the fool doesn't have....

I'll trade you even up for my 93 AWD Legacy Wagon 5MT... I've been toying with the idea of a "newer" wagon... :brow:

I just sold my 93 wagon AWD 5 speed with 205,000 for $1000. It was a nice car. Maybe I am having separation anxiety!

Maybe I should hang on to it... It's needing some work, and I was thinking about a 2nd gen model. We have an 01 OBW and I love driving it, and I love driving my 93...

Still torn on what to do...

I hear ya!! I bought my 94 Legacy Wagon, 5sp, FWD with 79,000 miles in January of 2002. I now have 118,500 and it runs like a top!!!

I could not have been happier with my purchace. yeah, I have a CV joint thats clicking; a CEL that comes on once in awhile and I'm in need of a timing belt,waterpump change this spring but that stuff is normal at this kind of mileage, right?

All I have done since I purchased the car is regular oil changes, replaced PCV valve, replaced rear pads, flushed coolant, replaced torn boot when purchaced, bled the brakes, new tires. Thats it. And it's been 39,000 miles!

I remember when I was looking to buy several years ago, I looked at Ford Explorers, Volvo 740's & 760's(wagons), Honda Accord wagons, Nissan Pathfinders and Toyota Corolla wagons. I ended up turning to Subaru b/c a woman I had just met and liked quite a bit had a 96 Legacy wagon which she was really happy with. Well, I looked around and after a couple months my future car showed up at at dealer lot. He had only got it in the day before. I bought it that day and have been happy ever since. With both the car and the woman. We are still together with no signs of slowing down! It's a love story in the making!!! Definitely the woman, most likely the car.