Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Yakima rack on a loyale

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Birddog

Birddog

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Stuarts Draft,Va.

Posted 06 March 2005 - 07:49 PM

I built a basket to mount on my yakima rack,1a towers,but the towers don't fit really well.They seem like they are in bind.Could there be some shims or something I'm missing?Any body else had trouble hooking their yakima to a loyale?When I hokked it to my hatch it fit like a glove.THanks for any info

#2 samo

samo

Boo.

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • The Emerald City

Posted 06 March 2005 - 10:10 PM

No problems with mine, it's on there like a mofo. What feels like it's binding?

#3 karinvail

karinvail

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 325 posts
  • Skagit County

Posted 07 March 2005 - 09:20 PM

My brother just gave me a set of Yakima racks for my Soob - it has a bike rack attachment (that I will never use, LOL). Trying to think of something I can make so it can be useful..... anybody have pics of clever attachments for their Yakima racks? Or, where can you get pre-made attachments?

#4 mountainbikeak

mountainbikeak

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • anch

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:23 PM

YEa, hey on the yakima racks that are made for gutter systems they should come with rubber boots that will sit on the part that actually fits in the gutter. I don't use mine, and everything seems just fine. I've carried everything from 2 bikes and a rocket box from oregon to alaska to tons of lumber. Good Luck

#5 incognito

incognito

Banned

• Banned
  • 441 posts
  • Eagle River

Posted 07 March 2005 - 10:36 PM

yeah those rubber boots are a must if you ask me, i have a set, and i used them as a bar to hook up my antenna whips.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users