Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Weird power window problem

I've been lurking here for a long time, and I've gotten a ton of information from here, but I haven't posted much. I finally have a problem that I couldn't find the answer to with a search.

I have a '92 Loyale, and the driver's switch for the driver's window works, but only if you either push or pull on the switch panel. Not just the switch, but the whole plastic housing. When it works, it works just fine, but it won't work unless I press it into the door or pull it away from the door.

I took the switches out of the door and cleaned the contacts (after collecting all the metal pieces that fell out) and it didn't seem to make a difference.

Does anyone have an idea what this is? Should I try cleaning it again, or get a new master switch? All of the other switches work perfectly.

Thanks,

Bill

Yep, this is your old Loyale, and it couldn't be better. This is the only problem I've run into. It's made the transition to being a family car quite well. My 2 year old daughter demands we take the "red car" when we all go somewhere.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'll try a new switch when I get a chance (and when I'm motivated by warm weather.) I wanted to make sure there wasn't something posessing my driver's door.

I would just get a new switch... sounds like one of the solder connections is cracked... you could try resoldering every connection if you've got time and energy...

if you get a new junkyard switch be sure to take it apart and clean the contacts before you install it...

Does anyone have an idea what this is? Should I try cleaning it again, or get a new master switch?