Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Exhaust header available for 2.2 Legacy models?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hiergehts

hiergehts

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • West coast - USA

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:53 PM

I was curious if anyone knew of a streetable exhaust header being available for a '95-'99 2.2 Legacy? I've seen them for 2.5 Legacy & Outback models as well as for turbocharged Impreza/WRX models and older ('90-'94) Legacy turbo models but not for a non-turbo 2.2.

In this case the ideal piece would be stainless steel, tuned for low end and mid range power and designed to work with a cat and O2 sensor as stock.

Can anyone provide any info?

TIA,
Hiergehts

BTW - I'm NOT looking to rice the car.. I'd like a bit more power/torque out of an otherwise basically stock engine in combination with a more free flowing cat and some kind of low restriction, but stock size/style muffler.

Posted Image

#2 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:54 PM

http://www.boxer4racing.com

they have headers from borla that fits 2.2 with million mile warranty they go for about $300. bucks though.they also carry some used parts like trans for dl/gl as far back as 84(i think)

#3 hiergehts

hiergehts

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • West coast - USA

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:16 AM

Cool.. Thanks for the link subie4.. :D Hadn't checked out the boxer4 website before.. Good to see there's a bolt-on header and replacement cat/pipe available for my EJ22. Will have to start saving up..

Thanks again,
Hiergehts

#4 mudrat79

mudrat79

Banned

• Banned
  • 697 posts
  • Eugene,

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:55 AM

Might also Check out www.Rallitek.com as well They sell quite a Bit of aftermarket stuff for Roo's

Later, John

#5 RedLegacyGT

RedLegacyGT

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Casper

Posted 02 April 2005 - 01:06 PM

Wow.... If only I had $6K to throw a turbo kit and high performance exhaust on my LegacyGT. Someday...

#6 subie94

subie94

Major Subaru Fan..

• Members
  • 1,583 posts
  • Epsom,N.H.

Posted 03 April 2005 - 09:34 AM

Cool.. Thanks for the link subie4.. :D Hadn't checked out the boxer4 website before.. Good to see there's a bolt-on header and replacement cat/pipe available for my EJ22. Will have to start saving up..

Thanks again,
Hiergehts

not a prob,whatever i can do to help out a subie owner. i see that rallitek also has lsd for both front an back:brow:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users