Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Periodically, my sunroof doesn't want to close. If i let it sit for a few minutes/hours it will operate fine. I think mine is in the switch connections or the switch itself.

The ground wire may have fallen off or become disconnected. Do you have a test light? Check the socket for power.

Yea,

I finally got amicious enough to tear mine apart, farther than I probably should have, but I found that the grease that wasoriginally placed there to keep everything sliding back and forth on the mini PC board, was smeared all over and probably causing excessive resistance. I cleaned it and now it's been working ever since.

Vic

my 91 had an intermittent sunroof, replaced the control unit (it's near the back of the car, you have to drop the headliner to get to it, it's a black box with a couple of connectors, right next to the thing where you put the crank to manually crank the sunroof open and closed (Mine would usually OPEN, adn then it would be cantankerous about closing, and with my luck it'd start to rain and so whoever was in the backseat got to crank the sunroof shut) Dammit I miss my EJ22 and my sunroof!

• 1 month later...

Hey, where is this hand crank? I am in the UK now, and I finaly got a legacy, and the roof is open, and IT IS ZGOING TO RAIN JUST BECAUSE IT IS ENGLAND! anyway, I am despirate, teh thing has been intermittant for a while, but now its stuck wide open and I have no idea where the hand crank is or where this circuit board is, but if I don't get this thing closed soon, I think its going to by buy buy moldy rusty car! any suggestions, please help!! email me at richard-cl@e-d-a.com if you can point me in the right direction. 91 legacy, glass roof. by the way, sometimes it leaks and sometimes it doesn't whats that all about??