Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Prices for NEW Legacy / Outback are out! Ehhh German Prices ...

I think this might be interesting also for the folks in US.

The german prices for the new Legacy / Outback are out. If you want to check it out by yourself, look at http://www.subaru.de. There is Link at the end of the text "Spezifikation ..." for the specifications and prices.

I am a little bit shocked! :eek:

The prices for the 2.0 and the 2.5 are ok. But the prices for the 3.0 l Legacy and Outback are a little bit ... HIGH

(I have to make a friendly visit to my friendly bank...)

The price for the 3.0 l Legacy Sedan is 40.100 EURO, Wagon is 41.300 EURO, and the Outback is 42.800 EURO.

The 3.0 l has everthing in it, by the way. DVD, Leather, Moonroof, electric seats (driver and codriver) and so on. A lot of things I don't looking for, frankly said.

Now this is a big pile of money, maybe to big for me ...

The 2.5 l Wagon starts with 28.200 EUROS without the comfort features, and 4.800 EURO more for this stuff. That sounds more suitable for me ...

Please note that the prices in Germany seem to be higher than the US prices. And I am sure the specs will differ. We always had no big choice with the comfort stuff, this time we have are offered an increased model line.

But the price for 3.0 l .... :boohoo:

By the way:

The specs are giving interesting details about the mileage of the new Legacy.

The 2.5 Wagon new needs 8,3 liters / 100 km = 28.5 miles per gallon (hope I calculated correctly)

The 3.0R Wagon needs 9.8 liters / 100 km = 24 miles per gallon

I find it very interesting that the 0-62 mph numbers are just the same, at least for the 2.5 Wagon. Althogh the car is 100 kg lighter than before.

The 3.0R is fully loaded with some new stuff like electric seat for driver and co-driver, height adjustable seat also for co-driver, LSD, DVD Navigation, moonroof, 5-speed sportshift, 17 inch wheels - things that the other models don't get (at least here in Germany). But the price still seems high.

The 2.5 is available with less options for 28.200 Euro. With a comfort package for 4.800 Euro you can get the leather, electric seat (only for the driver), seat heating - but no moonroof and no curtain air bag. The last 2 options seem to be reserved for the 3.0R.

Now I am thrilled what the model lines in US will look like. And what options the 2.5 Turbo will get.

Probably we won't see the 2.5 Turbo here in Europe. But there were some rumours that we will get the 2.0 Turbo in 2 years - until then Subare is planning to pass the emission limits.

Like in US it also time for a powerful aspirated engine for the european Legacy. Wonder why Subaru didn't take the 2.0 Turbo from the Impreza to the Legacy. Now this is history and we are looking to a new powerful Legacy age! :headbang:

Cheers! :drunk:

OK there you are. The next question is: Can we afford the car???

How many VAT do you have to pay in Switzerland? In Germany it is now 16% - that my explain the price difference.

Anyways, if you don't have to pay that much for the car (incl. VAT) I have to make a trip to Switzerland...

VAT is 7.6%... which explains the price difference I guess.

Just a thought, if you buy a car in Switzerland, maybe it would be good to purchase it in Samnaun. Everything there is tax and duty free (including gas! Not than Swiss gas prices are high with taxes, comapred to other European countries.) when purchased so exporting it may be easier since you wouldn't have to get taxes back since you never paid them. On the down side Samnaun is located quite deep in the mountains of eastern Switzerand.

However, I still think it is a bit too expensive :madder: and at the moment I can't afford it.

PS For service and spare parts, Germany is much cheaper, at least for my 90' Legacy.:headbang:

peace

Applegump, is the price of CHF 53.500 for the Wagon 3.0 incl. navi already incl. the VAT of 7,6%???

If yes, then the price would be in fact cheaper (by about 7 %)

If not, then the price differnce is the VAT !

Also checked out the insurance classes for the new Legacy. The new 2.5 and 3.0 should be a slightly cheaper.

Hmmm, is there any big difference between the schweizer und the german spec?

The car seems to be cheaper in Switzerland. About 8 %. Hmm. I have to check this out when I buy my car.

Do you know how much discount you can get from a schweizer dealer ???

Maybe I just have to push a german dealer a little bit more ...

According to the brochure, the prices are netto, so theoretically those are the prices you pay. I haven't purchased a Subaru recently so don't know about the buying process and any possible discounts to be achieved.:cornfuzz:

About the spec difference, I don't know but I doubt there are any big ones. If you download the pdf at subaru.ch and compare that with the german one, you will easily be able to spot any differences.